Terms & Conditions
Term Time Lessons T&Cs
Enrolment at Big Time Academy is confirmed by completing all sections of the enrolment form, accepting the terms and conditions and submitting to Big Time Academy along with full payment for the booked activity/activities.
- Fees are charged per school term (3 terms per year)
- Families with 2 or more students enrolled will receive a 10% discount on term fees if paid in full by the half term (classes must be booked together and discounts will be automatically applied at the checkout).
- Discounts do not apply to LAMDA/private classes or annual productions
- Students enrolled in 2 or more classes will receive a 10% discount on term fees if paid in full by the half term (classes must be booked together and discounts will be automatically applied at checkout).
- All fees are due by the half term unless you have obtained prior consent from management. If fees are not paid by this point, we cannot guarantee your slot in any class(es)
- Any fees unpaid by the half term break will automatically incur a £20 admin fee and Big Time Academy reserves the right to suspend enrolment until the balance is paid in full.
- If you wish to cancel your booking, we will refund 50% of the cost of the remaining lessons for the term.
- No refunds can be given for missed classes, but children can attend the same class at another time as long as this is agreed in writing in advance.
- You can schedule make-up lessons for up to 3 missed classes per child per term provided space is available in the appropriate class. Make-up lessons do not roll over to the next term.
- The client is responsible for all charges associated with their child’s class.
- You will be given priority booking for the following term before the current term ends. This will be sent out in an email, if you do not sign up before the deadline stated in the email then we will not be able to guarantee you the same slot for the following term so please ensure you add our email address [email protected] to your safe senders list.
Changes to classes and enrolment:
- Students may change or add classes after enrolment in each term. Written notification of intention to change must be given to Big Time Academy by emailing [email protected]
- Any difference in class fees must be paid at the time of notification before the change or added classes will be confirmed.
- No classes will be held on Public Holidays.
- Class times are subject to change at the discretion of management.
- In the regrettable situation that a student is unable to attend a class prior to the beginning of term, written notification is required and a full refund will be issued if more than 1 week’s notice is given, after this we will issue a credit.
- In the regrettable situation that the student is unable to attend a class for the remainder of the term, written notification is required and a refund of 50% of the cost of the remaining classes will be issued.
- Big Time Academy engages industry based professionals to instruct classes. At times scheduled teachers may not be available and as such an alternative teacher of equal or greater qualification will replace the scheduled teacher. Due to the nature of the entertainment industry and the high standard of teachers employed at Big Time, teachers may rotate and change at the discretion of management.
Photos and videos
- From time to time we will take photos of students in class.
- By enrolling your child at Big Time you acknowledge that photos and videos may be taken and used for this purpose.
- Big Time may also take photos for advertising purposes to be used on social media, websites and print. We will only ever use photos of your child provided we have your prior consent.
- You may withdraw consent at any time by written notice to management.
- We reserve the right to request no photos or videos be taken by parents in class.
Duty of care, safety & conduct
- Please be aware that due to the nature of dance and for your child’s growth, development and safety it will be necessary at times to engage in physical contact with your child. This will always be done in an appropriate manner and with your son or daughter’s best interests in mind.
- Big Time provides for the safety and care of students whilst on the premises.
- Big Time aims to take reasonable care to ensure their acts of omissions do not cause reasonable foreseeable injury to students.
- Big Time does not accept responsibility for student’s safety outside the premises.
- Big Time and its service providers attempt to minimise any risk of personal injury within practical boundaries, however accidents do happen and all physical activities carry the risk of personal injury.
- All students and guardians acknowledge that while every care and safety measure will be taken, there is an inherent risk of personal injury in physical activities that will be undertaken at the studio as part of the programme and accept that risk.
- The signatory will be financially responsible for any damage sustained to Big Time’s property, venues and their fittings by the student or their guardian. Management will charge the signatory for any repairs, labour or replacement as deemed necessary.
- Big Time does not accept responsibility for the damage or loss of goods left on the premises prior to, during or after dance classes.
- The student and their guardian are solely responsible for their personal belongings and property whilst left on the premises.
- The student and their guardian release Big Time Academy, their staff, instructors, agents and directors from any responsibility in any way for loss or dance of its personal belongings or property.
- The student and their guardian shall make no claim adversely impacting, causing hardship or undue stress on Big Time Academy as a result of their actions.
- Any goods or services provided on the day that are not included in the dance class fee must be paid for at the completion of the dance class (e.g. Uniform).
Breach of Terms and Conditions
- Pupils will be asked to leave without notice for any serious breach of the school’s terms and conditions or for any other serious misconduct.